SLEEP STAGES AND SLEEP QUALITY
Most of us are aware that how long we sleep impact how refreshed we feel when we wake up but did you know that our sleep quality impact as much? With the time constraints of today one way to really get the most of the time we spend in bed is to improve our sleep quality and sleep better.
We move through four stages of sleep during the night, each cycle lasting about 90 minutes. The first three stages are non-rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep moving from light sleep to deep sleep. The fourth is our dream stage, the rapid eye movement (REM) sleep.
When our temperature fluctuates during the night, the crucial deep sleep phases suffer and our sleep quality is reduced. When we sleep we are more sensitive to temperature changes and are more prone to either start sweating while sleeping, if we are too warm, or start shivering, if we are too cold. Our body temperature also fluctuates more when we are in the REM phase of our sleep compared to when we are in the lighter phases.
In a nationwide German poll, 38% of women and 44% named being too warm or too cold as the most commonly disturbing factor for a good night’s sleep.
If we become too warm, and can't release that heat fast enough, we start to sweat. Night sweats are totally normal, we sweat on average one cup every night. However, with the wrong materials it can lead to uncomfortable wetness on our skin.
SLEEP DEEPER WITH THE HELP OF MOTHER NATURE
By keeping the best temperature for sleep and reducing sweating at night we can significantly improve our sleep comfort. There are some natural fibres that naturally help us to sleep deeper and longer by keeping us in the ideal climatic comfort zone during the night.
SUPER-FINE MERINO WOOL
Latest studies has shown that we can sleep up to 15 minutes longer with merino pyjamas by falling asleep faster and enjoying a deeper sleep.
- TEMPERATURE REGULATION: The natural structure of merino wool creates insulating air pockets, trapping more air than any other fibre and building a natural defence against the cold. This makes it ideal for thermal pyjamas. If you get too warm the merino fibres transports the body's moisture vapour to the outside where they evaporate, keeping you comfortably cool. This makes merino wool pyjamas an all-year round solution for a great night's sleep.
- MOISTURE TRANSPORT—FAST DRYING: Merino fibres are excellent at regulating moisture, absorbing 35% of their weight before feeling damp to the touch. Most synthetic fabrics feel wet after absorbing just 7%. As an added bonus they are anti-smell, the merino wool fibre absorbs the odour and only releases it when you wash your merino pyjamas again.
HIGH TECH TENCEL FROM EUCALYPTUS
Tencel truly is nature's high tech fibre; it's cooler than linen, it’s better than cotton at moisture management and even softer than silk.
- TEMPERATURE REGULATION: Tencel is more breathable than cotton, containing millions of invisible nanocapillaries in its fibres which allow excess heat to be released. As a result you keep the best temperature for sleep.
- MOISTURE TRANSPORT: The unique structure of Tencel means it offers 50% better moisture management than cotton. In comparison to polyester and synthetics, there is also much less moisture formed on the surface of the fiber for bacteria to grow. This gives Tencel great anti-stink properties in the case of night sweats.
MICRO MODAL FROM BEECHWOOD
Dagsmejan's Nattwell™ fabric is based on a natural fibre called MicroModal, that is both soft on the skin and exceptionally ecological. The fibre is extracted from beech wood, a tree native to Europe.
- TEMPERATURE REGULATION: Nattwell™ fabric is packed with millions of breathable nanocapillaries. This helps to keep your skin temperature 1 degree cooler at night compared to cotton.
- MOISTURE TRANSPORT: The natural moisture absorption properties of the fibre's core remain unchanged, while the outer layer is adapted to make it water resistant and repel moisture. The result? Exceptional moisture and temperature management properties keeping you in the ideal climatic zone for the best possible sleep comfort.
DAGSMEJAN—COMBINING THE BEST OF NATURE WITH THE LATEST TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY
At Dagsmejan we are on a mission to find new ways of sleeping deeper and longer. By combining the finest natural fibres, with the latest sleep technology and innovative textile engineering, we are creating a brand new sleeping experience. All fabrics, structures and technologies are carefully researched and tested so that we know that we can keep what we promise and provide unrivalled sleep comfort. With Dagsmejan you can make sure you keep the ideal temperature to sleep and avoid waking up sweating.
Every step of the production process of Dagsmejan sleepwear are Oekotex certified to ensure that we take care of not only our customers but also the environment.
Discover how nature's high tech fibres can help you sleep better.
Stay Warm: Merino wool and Eucalyptus
- FOR HER
- FOR HIM
- FOR HER
- FOR HIM